9/30/15

Speech Outline (1st outline re posted)

The Company I chose for my presentation is Apple Computers.  I chose Apple because I feel that there is a lot to say about their advertising and why people can’t seem to stop buying their products.  I am not a person that knows or cares much about computers, yet so much of my entertainment comes from Apple.  I am typing this on my MacBook Pro laptop.  My phone is an iPhone 5.  At home my family has an Apple TV in the living room.
 The main ads by Apple that I am looking to analyze are their print ads.  Looking at their reliance on credibility (ethos) and the excitement meant to be had by looking at one of their slim, attractive products (pathos.) I will also be looking at Apple stores the exterior paired with the interior and how they are not designed to look like all other stores and to look somewhat futuristic.  The outside source I am using is paired with my visual aid.  I will be using a one minute excerpt from a TED talk in which the speaker talking about “how leaders lead” summarizes Apple’s marketing and how it is able to be so effective.


 My tentative thesis for the product is that Apple markets their products on being reliable, efficient products that are attractive to own.  When a reader is looking through a magazine and sees a print ad for the new iPhone they see a white screen showing usually not even the whole phone against a white background.  The ad says nothing about the phone only the name and that it is by Apple.  The viewer that sees that knows that the products that apple makes are reliable and by seeing the phone photographed attractively they know that the phone is good to look at and that they want to own something that attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment