11/19/15

Speech Proposal

As a student who lives in one of the dormitories on the west side of campus I often eat in the Hillcrest Marketplace.  When eating in the Burge Marketplace I have noticed that one section has televisions.  The goal of my speech is to convince the audience that TVs should be placed in the Hillcrest Marketplace for west side students.

I will convince the audience of this through a logical argument.
Logos: I will examine the University of Iowa budget and the specifically the Hillcrest Dorm budget and show that it is possible to afford two TVs for the marketplace.
Pathos:I will focus on why the Tv's would improve the Hillcrest cafeteria.
Solution:I will provide a solution of how students could help to get Tv's into Hillcrest by speaking with the Hillcrest Association (In charge of operations at Hillcrest.)

My rationale behind choosing this topic is that it is a place that I go to eat every day and a place that many of my class mates also eat every day and would agree in me in that the Tv's would be beneficial to them and to all of those that use the Hillcrest marketplace.

I have already found several websites on the money at the University of Iowa and the money put towards dorms.  I also aim to speak to my RA and to people at Hillcrest to get an idea of their yearly spending. For my visual aid I plan to take pictures of the Hillcrest marketplace to illustrate for the audience where I envision their being Televisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment